A new generation of adventure is coming soon
After 25 years of continuous innovation, a new generation of adventure begins with the launch of the most technologically advanced, and luxurious Subaru Outback ever.
Built upon Subaru’s renowned Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system with a low centre of gravity and the newly developed Subaru Global Platform for increased rigidity and improved road handling, this stunning SUV is equally at home on corners as it is on gravel. And on the inside, you can experience luxury like never before while relishing clever innovations including smart air-conditioning with humidity sensors and fuel saving technology, and the incredible Driver Monitoring System (DMS).
Interior space has also been increased for cargo and passengers, while the adoption of thicker glass and improved Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) levels makes for a more serene driving experience. Plus, we’ve also increased service intervals to 12 months/12,500km (whichever occurs first) for reduced ownership costs.
However, it doesn’t end there. With 3 different variants, there’s an Outback to suit every household. Firstly, while some may look the part, the all-new Subaru Outback AWD is the real deal - a true mud in its blood all-wheel drive SUV that can handle any task with ease.
The Subaru Outback AWD Sport takes things to the next level - made for those born to explore who desire a next generation SUV that reflects their active lifestyle. With water repellentsports seat trim, tough ladder-style roof rails and a hands-free powered opening tailgate, the Outback AWD Sport is ready and waiting for your next adventure.
Finally, the all-new Subaru Outback AWD Touring is Subaru’s most technologically advanced and luxurious Outback ever made. With Nappa leather accented seat trim, electric sunroof and 9 Harman Kardon®speakers, amplifier and subwoofer, this Outback is the flagship of the Subaru range.
So whether it’s the all-new Outback AWD, the Outback AWD Sport, or Subaru’s flagship, luxurious Outback AWD Touring - adventure is calling, and the choice is yours.
Subaru Outback AWD
- 90% new 2.5L horizontally-opposed direct injection Boxer 4-cylinder, petrol engine
- Lineartronic® CVT with manual mode
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- X-Mode (2 mode)
- 11.6” tablet-like infotainment screen
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive)
- Next generation EyeSight® Driver Assist technology featuring new stereo cameras for improved range, advanced Lane Centring Function featuring lead car follow functionality, Autonomous Emergency Steering, Lane Departure Warning featuring haptic feedback (vibrating) steering wheel and Speed Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Limiter functionality
- Driver Monitoring System*Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
- Subaru’s Vision Assist
- SRS passenger seat cushion airbag*SRS: Supplemental Restraint System. Effective when used in conjunction with seatbelts.
- 2000kg braked towing capacity*Towing capacity is subject to regulatory requirements, tow bar and vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Requires fitment of optional tow bar accessory. Ask your Retailer for details of Genuine Subaru tow bar capacity and availability details. Always refer to your Owner’s Manual for towing instructions.
- Self-levelling LED headlights with auto off (dusk-sensing)
- Integrated front LED turn signals and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Subaru Outback AWD SportIncludes Outback AWD features, plus:
- Water repellent sports seat trim*Water repellent trim repels water so that the material is not easily penetrated by small amounts of water. Trim is not 100% waterproof. Intermittent cleaning may be required to maintain water repellent characteristics.
- Satellite navigation
- Exclusive to this variant, unique black exterior highlights for a more rugged look, including door mirror caps, front grille, front fog light surround, front and rear bumper guard, shark fin antenna and rear badging
- 18” alloy wheels with dark metallic finish
- Tough ladder-type roof rails
- Additional Vision Assist features including a Front View Monitor and Side View Monitor to aid visibility in tricky situations
- Heated seats for both front passengers and rear outboard passengers
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Sports pedals
Subaru Outback AWD TouringFeatures build upon the Outback AWD and Outback AWD Sport, including:
- Nappa leather accented seat trim
- Electric sunroof
- 9 Harman Kardon® speakers, subwoofer and amplifier*Harman Kardon® is a registered trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
- Driver Monitoring System including - auto door mirror adjustment and auto driver’s seat adjustment*Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
- Single CD player
- Heated steering wheel
- Dual memory driver’s seat
- Door mirrors with auto-dipping (passenger side), auto power-folding and position memory functionality
- Door mirror caps – satin finish
- 18” gloss finish alloy wheels
- Roof rails with integrated cross bars – silver
Final on road costs may vary according to individual circumstances and actual driveaway price may vary between Retailers.
Ask your local Retailer for confirmation of their driveaway price.
Spectacular infotainment system check?
Boasting an impressive 11.6” infotainment screen with smartphone-like responsiveness, full HD graphics and Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity* you'll enjoy a seamless in-car experience like never before.
*Compatible Apple® or AndroidTM device required.
Feel supremely comfortable at all times thanks to upgraded intelligent air-conditioning with humidity sensors - smartly balancing driver comfort with fuel efficiency by only cooling as much as required to minimise fuel usage. Plus, choose your temperature through voice activation, touch screen or buttons.
Increased interior dimensions and generous rear space gives you more room to enjoy the ride. The seats have also been designed to help reduce fatigue, support your body and improve comfort for a superior experience for the driver and passengers.
A heated steering wheel, coupled with both front and rear outboard seat heating ensure the driver and passengers travel in comfort, even on the frostiest of winter mornings.
Thick window glass and insulated doors help reduce wind noise, giving you a more serene driving experience.
Soft touch Nappa leather accented seat trim*, LED cabin, cargo and map lights combine for a luxury interior finish.
*Nappa leather accented seat trim not available on all variants.
Convenient window control
Enjoy one touch power windows with the ability to operate them briefly after the ignition is turned off for the ultimate convenience.
Focus on the road ahead thanks to push start ignition and a smart key that you can leave in your pocket to lock, unlock or start the vehicle. The intelligent auto-dimming rear view mirror also helps reduce glare from the headlights of the car behind you.
Confidence on the road
With electric brake boosters that can help you stop more efficiently and a tyre pressure monitoring system that shows you the pressure of all four wheels without ever having to leave the driver’s seat, you can be more confident on the road.
A solid and safe frame
By increasing the amount of super high tensile materials and installing an aluminium bonnet, you’ll be cruising in a vehicle that’s not only safer for you, but those around you.
Airbags designed to protect
Subaru’s airbag system provides dual front, dual front side and dual curtain airbags, as well as a driver’s knee airbag and a seat cushion airbag for the front passenger - designed to keep you secure in an unfortunate incident.
Checking in on you
It helps to have someone check in on you; now your car can with Subaru’s Driver Monitoring System (DMS)*. The DMS checks whether your eyes are on the road, or if you’re in need of a rest, and warns you when you need a break.
*Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
Let’s get personal
The car that remembers you and knows how to make you comfortable. The Driver Monitoring System’s (DMS)* personal recognition system/feature/capability can automatically adjust the driver’s seat, door mirrors, Multi-Information Display unit and air-conditioning to your personal settings. Now that’s service.
Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
Stay safe in your lane
EyeSight® Driver Assist technology includes Lane Centering Function and Lane Departure Warning with steering wheel vibration* to minimise the chance of you unintentionally drifting out of your lane. Meanwhile, new EyeSight® stereo cameras with improved image recognition software mean a second pair of eyes are helping to watch the road while you are driving.
Final Australian variant line-up, features and specifications are yet to be confirmed. Some features mentioned may only be available on selected variants. If you register your interest, your nearest retailer will contact you to confirm variant line-up, specifications and details as soon as they become available.
Avoiding the collision
With the Pre-Collision Braking System with collision detection at intersections, Reverse Automatic Braking, and Autonomous Emergency Steering, Outback goes further to help you avoid a collision. If a collision does unfortunately occur, Post-Collision Brake Control can work to minimise further impacts and keep you safe.
Watching your speed
The car that helps keeps your speed in check for you with Speed Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Limiter and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Keeping the view clear
Keep the view crystal clear at all times with increased visibility from Subaru’s thin A-pillar design, rear view reverse camera washer and a smaller wiper cover on the interior of the rear gate.
Better visibility for all
See things clearly thanks to the Front View Monitor and Side View Monitor. Meanwhile, the Blind Spot Monitor can warn you when a vehicle is in your blind spot, and Adaptive Driving Beam technology can intuitively light up the road without blinding other drivers.
Newer to go far
With an engine that contains 90% new parts compared to the previous generation 2.5L Outback, you can enjoy every drive. And just to be sure you can go the distance; Subaru have also thrown in a larger capacity fuel tank.
A direct injection horizontally-opposed Boxer engine that is new to the Outback, plus more manual gear ratios and expanded transmission ratio coverage means you’ll be fast off the suburban start line and performing well all the way to the countryside.
Calm in the cabin
Over 80% of the transmission’s parts are newly designed to be quieter and lighter. Combined with less engine vibration and reduced acceleration noise by 5 decibels compared to the previous generation 2.5L Outback, your cabin will always be calm.
All wheels, all of the time
Scientifically conceived. Rigorously tested for the last 40 years. Subaru’s iconic Symmetrical All -Wheel Drive system (SAWD) is the pinnacle of superior Japanese technology. Technology that sets you free. SAWD delivers engine power to all four wheels simultaneously. Having power distributed across all four wheels, rather than two on conventional vehicles, gives you twice the grip capacity. So under acceleration there’s more grip for cornering and more capacity to keep on track through the corners. Ultimately, having the driving force spread across all four wheels means greater control and confidence under all conditions.
The introduction of the Subaru Global Platform to the Outback, plus revised suspension combined with rear suspension stabilisers attached to the body frame, mean you’re guaranteed a smooth ride.
Take the off-road
With the new Outback you’re free to tackle any road in confidence. On top of its already excellent on-road handling, there is generous ground clearance to protect the underside, plus Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and X-mode to get you out of sticky situations.
Feel the road
Whether it’s the highway, the city, or in the wild, you’ll really feel connected to the road with revised steering, less body roll and a significantly more rigid platform compared to the previous generation Outback.
Ready for anything
Be ready for anything life throws at you and carry it easily with a 2000kg braked towing capacity*, a full-size spare wheel and handy roof rails.
*Towing capacity is subject to regulatory requirements, tow bar and vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Requires fitment of optional tow bar accessory. Ask your Retailer for details of Genuine Subaru tow bar capacity and availability details. Always refer to your Owner's Manual for towing instructions.
Sporty new colours
New model, new colour. Explore the great outdoors in the sporty new Autumn Green Metallic Outback, or Brilliant Bronze Metallic.
A better boot
Handsfree powered opening tailgate with a faster opening time compared to the previous generation Outback, a larger cargo area, multiple tie down points, an adjustable side pocket and a smart retractable blind to cover your cargo - that’s what we call a better boot.
Stay connected and powered up with multiple USB charging ports in the interior and even a 12V power outlet in the boot.
Store the small stuff
Don’t sweat the small stuff. Store it in the front passenger side pocket, the tray above the glovebox, or in the larger cupholders, bottle holders and door pockets.
For all life’s spills
Spills happen, that’s life. Outback AWD Sport has water repellent seat trim.*
*Water repellent trim repels water so that the material is not easily penetrated by small amounts of water. Trim is not 100% waterproof. Intermittent cleaning may be required to maintain water repellent characteristics.
Refreshed styling for the already iconic Outback shape has only made it more ruggedly handsome. An all over tough and stylish design concept, topped off with a wide variety of exterior colours.
Stylish front n back
Black and silver work together in the new front and rear bumper cladding to create a tough, rugged yet stylish look from every angle.
All new light up
You’ll wish it was night all the time with stylish LED headlights and fog lights. They’ll light up the road ahead of you whilst giving you a sleek modern look.
Exterior mod cons
Practical roof rails and tough exterior cladding. All the modern conveniences for the exterior, including a push open fuel lid, to make life easier.
Drive less, service less
If you drive less than 12,500km, you’ll only need a service every 12 months (or whatever comes first), making it more affordable than ever to own a new Subaru Outback.
Power and efficiency
Go well and go far. The latest 2.5L horizontally opposed direct injection boxer engine technology perfectly balances power and fuel efficiency, making for a superior drive in the rugged and stylish Outback.
Spectacular infotainment system
1. Compatible Apple® or Android™ device required.
2. Nappa leather accented seat trim not available on all variants. Final Australian variant line-up, features and specifications are yet to be confirmed. Some features mentioned may only be available on selected variants. If you register your interest, your nearest retailer will contact you to confirm variant line-up, specifications and details as soon as they become available.
Avoiding the collision
1. Final Australian variant line-up, features and specifications are yet to be confirmed. Some features mentioned may only be available on selected variants. If you register your interest, your nearest retailer will contact you to confirm variant line-up, specifications and details as soon as they become available.
Register your interest
Be one of the first in Australia to experience a new standard in innovation, luxury and outstanding drivability.